We are currently accepting new applicants for Cohort 11. If you would like to become a PowerCorps member for our upcoming cohort, please fill out our application.
PowerCorpsPHL is a 12-month workforce development program that tackles pressing environmental challenges, including improving stormwater management, increasing tree coverage, and revitalizing public land. PowerCorpsPHL is a City of Philadelphia AmeriCorps program operated in partnership with EducationWorks.
Members of PowerCorpsPHL serve on crews with the City of Philadelphia’s Water and Parks & Recreation departments. All members work on projects the first 5 months and spend the sixth month in intensive career training.
Crews serve Monday through Friday 7:45am – 3:30pm; and some evenings and weekends in park and public lands, recreation centers, public gardens, public riverbanks and waterways, and green stormwater infrastructure sites. After the first six months, members can apply to become a Fellow with an external partner and extend their experience to a full-year.
Be a 18-26 year old
Want to transform your
life through service
Have a high school
diploma or GED
*Applicants with criminal background can apply (some exceptions apply)
MAY 21, 2018
Application opens for Cohort 11
AUG 1, 2018
Application due for Cohort 11
JULY 23 – AUG 15, 2018
Interviews for Cohort 11
(first in-office; second on-site;
SEP 4, 2018
Cohort 11 begins
Pre-service Orientation (PSO)
begins fornew member
from 7:45am – 3:30pm)
What are the benefits?
- Living Stipend and other perks – AmeriCorps members receive a living allowance of $484 bi-weekly (before taxes); a monthly SEPTA Transpass; uniform and safety equipment Uacket, shirt, sweatshirt, boots)
- Technical Skills – Rigorous technical skills training in landcare and environmental stewardship• Technical Skills- Rigorous technical skills training in landcare and environmental stewardship
- Soft Skills – Workplace skill building, including time management, conflict resolution, networking, & financial literacy• Soft Skills- Workplace skill building, including time management, conflict resolution, networking, & financial literacy
- Mentorship – Individual mentorship and coaching from a Crew Leader and Career Services Advisor
- Expungement Services – Possible expungement of record, if eligible
What are the benefits?
- Education Award- Up to $2,000 for each six-month cohort completed for use towards future schooling or student loans
- Extra Points on Civil Service Exam
Host or Hire a Member
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Get Involved by:
Hosting an intern or other workplace-learning experience
Hosting a tour of your business
Conducting a training or information session
To Apply to host an intern or fellow please apply here:
For more information about hiring or hosting, please contact Devin Hamilton
We are always looking for professional development and training opportunities for our members, so if you are able to support us in that way please contact Devin Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are times in the cohort when our members are looking for extra hour/service opportunities. If you have an event or activity on an evening or weekend and you would like some PowerCorpsPHL people power, please email PowerCorpsPHL@educationworks.org.
AmeriCorps Community Partnership Coordinator
Information and Application
PowerCorpsPHL is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as full-time, 10-month AmeriCorps members from October 1, 2018 through August 16, 2019. Community Partnerships Coordinators (CPC) are full-time AmeriCorps members and will serve together as a small team connecting with community organizations to reach disconnected young adults and support them through the application process for PowerCorpsPHL. Community Partnerships Coordinators will work with organizations across the city, coordinate environmental stewardship service-learning opportunities, and serve outdoors alongside PowerCorpsPHL members and candidates.